Saturday, June 21, 2008

Love to Eat/Hate to Eat Book Discussion: Chapter 2, Question 5

Prayerfully read over the list of the attributes of God on pages 30-34. Which ones are the most meaningful to you? Which ones are the most difficult for you to understand?

Spend time in prayer now, asking God to reveal Himself to you more and more as you progress through this study. Thank Him for His wonderful character. Rejoice in the truth that God has chosen you personally and that it's His pleasure to change you.
(I just LOVE that thought!)

For those of you who don't have the book yet, here is the list of attributes that are on pages 30-34. You really need to look in the book to get the full benefit, because she does a great job of expounding on each attribute.

Eternal
Immense
Perfect In Holiness
Perfect In Wisdom And Knowledge
Filled With Goodness
Filled With Truth

The two attributes that are most meaningful to me are eternal and filled with goodness.

Eternal because my life with Him will never end. Everything on this earth will end, but I will be with Him forever. Filled with goodness because I know that whatever He says and does is GOOD no matter what I think or feel. Let God be true and every man (including me) a liar. (Romans 3:4) Those two thoughts are really what keep me going on this journey.

Immense is the hardest for me to understand on a daily basis. I know in my mind that he is everywhere at once, but sometimes it feels like I am alone in my struggles and He can't possibly take the time to carry me through. I'm working on it, though!



No comments: