Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Walking By The Spirit

Lately I have been slipping. Little by little I have given ground to the enemy. I have "allowed" myself to do my own thing instead of seeking God's will in every day situations. I have given into the sins of impatience, self-indulgence, pride and worry; just to name a few.

In doing this, I have chosen to not walk in the Spirit and to gratify the desires of the flesh.

My little "pet sins" have grown (as they always do) and have gotten out of control. I have grown less and less sensitive to sin and it's a yucky place to be!

But I am so thankful that His mercy endures forever! That by the blood of Jesus Christ I can repent (which I've done) and re-commit myself to Him.

I recommit to be disciplined with...
* My time--I will follow my schedule unless I believe He is leading me otherwise.
* My eating--I will stick to the guidelines He has given me unless I believe He is leading me otherwise.
* My spiritual disciplines--I will be faithful in prayer, Bible reading and memorization and general abiding in Him.
* My emotions--I will trust, not fear. I will submit, not rebel. I will be patient, not angry. I will smile! :-) I will deny myself!!

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Please share any thoughts, insights and tips that you have relating to walking by the Spirit.


1 comment:

Eric Guel said...

I'm proud of you, baby.