Wednesday, September 24, 2008

He Is Great!

That's why He does great things with small seeds. This morning, I had a thought to not sweeten my coffee as a small way to deny myself. (In Matthew 16:24, Jesus says that if we want to follow Him, we must first deny ourselves...even before taking up our cross.) Then I thought, "That's silly...it's not big enough to be a real 'sacrifice.'" Then I felt like He said, "I do great things with small seeds."

That was encouraging to me!

Don't deny Him the opportunity to do great things with your small seeds today. Have faith that He sees, He cares and He is pleased with every seed that we sow to Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an inspiration today to extend my quick trip to the bank into a proper walk. I did a round trip and came home through our local park. I enjoyed the birds and flowers, the wind in the trees and an art exhibition in the gallery there. So i got my exercise (about 30 mins) and enjoyed some of God's creation. it helped me to destress just a little.

Brandi said...

That is wonderful, Elly! He is so good...He makes such better plans than we can. :-)