Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Still Here

I didn't mean to be "gone" so long, but it's been an extremely busy couple of weeks. Last week was my birthday and it seems like I had a week-long birthday celebration which was wonderful but left me hooked on sugar again and I had to go through 2 days of "detox." I am feeling better now. :-)

This week (actually today) is my oldest son's birthday so I have been busy with that but it has been fun. We went to the museum this morning and went to the Alico building (the tallest building in Waco) hoping to go to the top (Nathan's request,) but they no longer have an observation deck. :-( Still, just to give you an idea of his sweet personality, on the way to the van he said, "I'm glad we got to see the lobby of the Alico building!"

Later we will have a small family party. Get a load of this: His younger brother wanted to check out an Asian cookbook from the library. He loves geography and cooking, so it's a logical choice, I guess...anyways, he found a recipe for a Vietnamese banana cake and Nathan decided he wanted that for his birthday cake tonight. So I made it last night. Looks pretty good!

And I have been taking part in an off-site book discussion of "The Diet Alternative" which has been VERY good.

So, I'm off to HEB now but just wanted to check in and let you all know I am still here, still alive and still thinking of you.

I hope to post something more "Surrender-related" soon! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! Hope you had a great birthday. Love, Uncle Mark, Aunt Dani, Aaron, Bethany, Caleb, Bess and Ben. :)

Happy late, late birthday Brandi. Week long birthdays are the best!